Beauty 101: Winter Beauty & Skin Care Tips
When the winter season arrives, we immediately notice the changes to our skin caused by the cold temperatures and dry winter air. The fab beauty tips below will help to keep your face, lips, hands and other areas of your body healthy, soft and moisturized so you can rock your fabulous glow all year...
Caring For Your Lips:
1. Wear lip balm: One of the easiest things that you can do in the winter is to wear lip balm. This will keep your lips from getting chapped and dried out. You can find eos lip balm in several flavors that will do the trick. We also love that they come in the cutest containers with colors to suit all tastes.
2. Add lip gloss over your lipstick: Not only does it add an extra layer of protection so your lips won't be directly exposed to the frigid winter winds but it also locks in moisture to keep your lips kissable and smooth.
Caring For Your Skin:
1. Switch up your bath time routine
A hot bath or shower might feel good, but you should avoid them as they will remove the moisture from your skin and make it dry and flaky. That's why it's important to change your bath routine during the winter months and opt for shorter showers using warm instead of hot water. Lukewarm water can also keep your hair frizz-free.
Fab Tip: It is also better to use a moisturizing body wash to cleanse your skin.
2. Stay Moisturized
Lotion is an important item to have on your winter beauty list as well. You want something that has vitamin E in it so that the skin stays soft and moisturized. Apply lotion to the hands and the face before going out in the cold air or if there isn't a lot of humidity in your home so that your skin does not dry out and crack. Using an oil-based moisturizer instead of one that is water-based will help to lock in moisture.
Fab Tip: It's also wise to keep a small body lotion or body butter in your purse that you can use as needed while on the go especially to keep your hands moisturized.
3. Use Skin Protection
Even though it's winter, you still need to apply sunscreen. The wind in the winter can sometimes cause a sunburn faster than the sun will, but if the skin is protected, then you can enjoy time outside with friends and family. One of the ways that you can keep the skin dry is to stay hydrated.
4. Stay Hydrated
It's just as important to stay hydrated in the winter months as it is during summer. Drink as much water as possible since it helps with creating new soft and beautiful skin cells and also keeps you moisturized from the inside out.
Keeping Your Glow:
1. In the winter season use a bronzer when applying your makeup to get that sun-kissed look.
2. Shop for blushes with glitter added to get a subtle glow on your cheeks and brow bone.
3. Or apply a luminous powder from your forehead to chin and on both cheeks to highlight those areas and mimic your summer glow.
Fab Tip: You can also apply it to your neck, arms and legs for a fabulous all over glow when wearing a dress.
*We hope you found the winter skin care tips above useful, click here for more fab tips from our Beauty 101 series.
How do you switch up your beauty and skin care routines in the winter season? Share with us by leaving a comment below.
This is a Lush Fab Glam collaborative post.
Share this fab post & photos: